Saturday, September 26, 2009

Utah State Fair 2009










I know I say it every year, but it must be repeated.....I LOVE THE FAIR! We went as a family one night and Wilson ate it up. I remember last year we had to drag him through the little farm. This year he was telling me to come on and hurry up! He was so excited to plant, harvest and sort the vegetables and couldn't believe he got a dollar for his efforts. He savored his cheese crackers like they were manna from heaven! We saw the shark show and he got such a kick out of putting his hand in the sharks mouth and going in and out of the shark cage. He loved all the lights and sounds and all the animals. I got to take him down the banana slide this year and it was so fun. He even liked the butter cow and understood what it was.
We went again with Lisa, Parker and Perry. The boys had to endure the quilt building and the scrapbook section, but they had fun. They had some Japanese students doing children's names in Japanese for them. We got all the kids' names done and they each got an origami animal or game to take with them. Parker and Wil loved sitting on the RVs and the huge cow. It is such a fun time and I hope we never stop going!

2 comments:

Maren said...

I love the fair too. We go every year...but to the Texas one now. For some reason, I get such a kick out of the blue ribbon winners in the craft, food, art area. And butter sculptures? Who doesn't love a butter sculpture? Makes me want to take a hot loaf of french bread in there and go to town. :)

Heidi #1 said...

I am jelous that I don't have such an enthusiastic family to go with me. I have to drag them with promises of McDonalds for dinner if they go with me for just a few hours. Lots of fun!

motor