Tuesday, January 25, 2011

One Proud Mama



Every year I do a turkey trot on Thanksgiving morning so I can feel better about stuffing myself silly later that day. My sister and I decided to try the Bountiful 10k for the first time. This year I asked Wilson if he wanted to race with mom. He surprised me by saying yes. Now, I don't know if you remember how butt crack cold it was on Thanksgiving (18 degrees or so) but I thought for sure he wouldn't want to go. I left early and then called Ben to see if Wilson still wanted to and HE DID! I was so amazed. My race started about 5 minutes late so I was scared I was going to miss the start of the 1k. Wilson's bib was locked in my sisters car and she was behind me with a friend. I got done with my race and saw all the kids lined up, but I thought Wilson and Ben were in the parking lot. So I just kept running to the front of the rec center and they weren't there. By the time I got back to the starting line all the kids had already left. Still running, a nice lady pointed me in the direction of the race and I caught up to them! I grabbed Wilson by the hand and we just kept going. He ran the WHOLE TIME! He was even going onto the snow to get around people. I was so proud of him. I hope he got my dad's freaky running genes because I had so much fun with him and the whole family. He got his first racing medal and enjoyed his first free gatorade and fruit at the end of the race. It was definitely a Thanksgiving to remember!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

That's awesome! Go Wilson!