Monday, October 13, 2008

Tag teaming mom

This is Wilson on the giant rocking chair at cornbelly's this year. It was super fun!
This is Bennett being cute in his little halloween outfit. He was so happy at this moment!


What a joke. I got home at 1:45 to put Wilson down for a nap. He proceeds to kick the wall for 15 minutes before he goes to bed. Bennett finally goes down at 2:00pm and the rest of the afternoon goes a little something like this.

2:00-2:30-Stephanie finally has lunch and a few moments to herself.

2:30-Stephanie is excited to slip into bed for what she hopes is at least an hour long nap.

2:45-Bennett has other ideas and begins to cry. Stephanie rocks him back to sleep and goes back to bed.

3:10-Bennett wakes up hungry. Let the feeding begin.

3:28-Bennett dozes off and Stephanie puts him in his crib.

3:35-(That's right, approximately 8 minutes later)Bennett is crying and mad.

3:45-Stephanie gives up and puts him in the swing hoping to buy herself at least 30 minutes. She returns to her bed.

3:48-(Yes, that's 3 minutes later)Stephanie hears Wilson talking to himself in his room signifying that she has about 10 minutes before he's screaming her name to come and get him.

3:50-Stephanie gives up the blissful idea of a nap and decides this afternoon is too good not to blog about. Maybe I'll add some cute pictures of my kids to remind myself why I do this thing called motherhood because it certainly isn't for the hours!

4 comments:

Marcie said...

Your nap attempts scarily remind me of mine! Oh, the joys. It is miraculous when they are asleep at the very same time. If you find something that works, let me know.

Heidi #1 said...

I guess you need to adopt the policy that thee is always tomorrow. Tomorrow is another chance to get that nep...maybe!

Heidi #1 said...

Sorry, those words were
there
and nap.
I guess I should spell check before I post. My bad!

April and Jared Fenn said...

What a cute little man you've got! I can't believe how fast he's growing. You guys make cute babies. LOVE YA