Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bennett's New Tricks and Boulders in the Way

Have you ever just thought to yourself, "Could my kids be any cuter?" Of course, I think that every day, but yesterday was especially cute. Bennett has recently learned how to smack his lips. He has also learned that he gets a positive response when he does it. He's pretty good at it, too! We've also decided that Bennett is a little teaser just like his brother. For his nap I rocked that kid until he was completely out and then gently laid him down in his crib. As soon as his body hit the mattress his little eyes popped open. They were still glazed over, but he was conscious enough to let out three little cooes accompanied with a big smile. Then to make sure his message was loud and clear he ended it with the tiniest little chuckle. Needless to say he did not finish his nap in his crib! What a little stink, but it was so cute you couldn't be mad! I hope you can hear the clips, if not, just believe me that he can do it and enjoy watching 30 seconds of the cutest baby ever.

Wilson is learning new choice phrases, unfortunately not all good. One day he was frustrated with his truck and told me it was stuck. Trying to be sympathetic I said, "Oh, that dumb truck." Well, today I was trying to move the elliptical machine to a different room and it was wedged in the door. Wilson asked what was wrong and I said the machine was stuck. Wilson, also trying to be sympathetic, told me, "That's a dumb machine huh, mom." Oops!

Also, while playing dinosaurs, I was trying to teach Wilson to say, "Boulders away!" as we launched plastic boulders from a catapult made of dinosaur hand bones (I am still getting used to boy toys). When he tried it he kept saying, "Boulders in the way!", which I guess makes more sense because in a few seconds they were going to be in the way of the scantilly clad cavemen we were throwing them at. No matter how hard I tried he wouldn't change his mind that his phrase was better.

1 comment:

Heidi #1 said...

Bennett is a pure genieus! I am still waiting to get Seth to smile, or react in any way to my face or voice. He stares at me and that is a good thing, but one day he will play peek-a-boo and smack his lips too.