Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Peek-A-Boo and Cute Smiles





We've recently discovered that Bennett likes to play peek-a-boo! Every morning after I change his diaper and get him dressed, I duck down by the side of the changing table and then pop up to say peek-a-boo. We have gotten a lot of cute smiles from Bennett this way. One morning Wilson wanted to join the fun, but wasn't quite tall enough. He disappeared into his room and came back this his foot stool. It was so cute to see Wilson playing with his brother. Of course Wilson's version of the game ws a lot louder and more intense than mom's, but Bennett ate it up. I love to see Bennett's little smiles and know that despite all the times I feel like I'm failing as a mom and how much he struggles to figure life out, there are some times when I can't help but think he's already enjoying his journey here on earth! What a cutie!

3 comments:

Hilary said...

That's so cute! Ellie seems to love peek-a-boo WAY more than I remember Annie liking it!

Carina said...

Steph, Look at the picture of Bennett that is adjacent to Ben's bio on your home page...Bennett looks just like him! I never realized how much they did. So cute!

Marcie said...

Failing mother? Puh-lease! You are fabulous, you just forget sometimes.
Bennett is so adorable. I need to see him in the flesh though. I will call you if I'm not snoozing from the drugs!