Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Brothers Gotta Hug (name that movie)

I have been waiting for three weeks to get this very picture of my two boys together. It's not the best, but the other ones I had Wilson magically erased from our memory stick. That kid is a technological genius! I love this picture because it puts all my illogical fears about Wilson hating his baby brother to rest. He will randomly ask to hold Bennett and of course we have to let him. Wilson doesn't seem to care if Bennett is freaking out or calm, but the holding usually only lasts about a minute. Then Wilson will announce that he is finished with Bennett and gently "push" him to get him off his lap.

Wilson also likes to pet his baby brother. I keep telling him that you don't pet a baby on the head you pat him, but apparently Bennett is his vicarious puppy. I am really glad that Wilson is adapting fairly well to life with a sibling. He definitely has his bouts of regression and fit throwing, but I guess that's to be expected. It's definitely a mother's payday to hear Wilson ask to hold Bennett or giggle at him when he has the hiccups or even when he loads his pants. Wilson thinks that is especially hilarious. Boys. Go figure.

No comments: