Saturday, August 23, 2008

Glutten for Punishment


What's wrong with us? Like it's not hard enough bringing home a new baby and trying to juggle him with our two-year-old toddler. NO! Ben decides on a whim to put up Wilson's new toddler bed and give it a test run. Well, that was like half an hour before Wilson's bed time. Yeah, you can't put together a bed in that amount of time. So we end up putting Wil to sleep like an hour and half late and he's pretty much wired. He's jumping up and down on his new big boy bed while we are trying to say prayers and sing songs. Can you say disaster? We could hear him kicking the walls for an hour after we put him down. I couldn't bring myself to go see what he was doing. Eventually the noise stopped and around 7:30 this morning I could hear him saying, "MOMMY!", but when I went in his room he was still laying in his bed. I must say I was surprised. I guess my only comfort is that he hasn't learned to open doors, so we have at least a little bit of containment.

On top of that we have good news in the mimi department. Thanks to Aunt Jennie and her binky boot camp, Wilson has been mimi free for a week now! He stayed with Jennie while we were in the hospital. She told me she wasn't going to give him his binky unless he was napping or going to bed. I just told her good luck with that. But, turns out Wilson listens to his aunt better than his parents (typical!) Will miracles never cease. So, the binky weaning and the toddler bed are here a lot sooner than I would have wanted, but hopefully it will work out okay in the end! Now all we need is Kay with her bag full of matchbox cars!

1 comment:

Jaren and Kari said...

That so sounds like something we would do--make a huge change on a whim. That's awesome that Wilson is doing so good without his binky!I wish there was a way to take Noah's thumb away!