Thursday, August 21, 2008

He's Here!!!

Bet you didn't know the newer models came i pod ready, did you? My take home outfit




No, really, this is Bennett, not Wilson!




We pretty much figured this kid was never coming until we were finally heading to the hospital for my scheduled induction (which I highly recommend). I got my pitocin starting at 8:30 am and by 12:42 pm I was holding my baby! Introducing Bennett Ira Harding! He was 7 pounds 2 ounces and was a whopping 19 inches long. Even though Ben will tell you I'm crazy, he has dark hair around the sides of his head and has blonde peach fuzz on top. He is such a sweet baby and we already love him dearly. Of course we are making our way through the first crazy weeks of figuring out a newborn who thinks day is night and night is day and wants to constantly eat, but we wouldn't have it any other way! Ben and I are ecstatic about our little family and want to share some of our first memories with our new baby!
Wilson is coming along slowly but surely. He is no longer in denial about his baby brother because, well, he's here! It's cute whenever Bennett is crying Wilson will walk up to his bouncy chair and ask, "What's wrong?" If I tell him he's hungry, Wilson suggests that we give him chocolate milk. Hmm, what do you think Wilson's favorite drink is? We have yet to get him close enough to the baby long enough to get their picture together, so you'll have to keep watching for that!
I have been recovering remarkably well. I have been feeling really good despite having had about 2 hours sleep the last two nights. It is extremely hard to have a newborn again, but so worth it!

2 comments:

Marcie said...

Welcome baby Bennett! What a cute name! He is absolutely precious-just look at him. I hear ya about sleep. I don't do well without it (you know that).
I'm excited to meet and hold this little bundle of baby joy.
Congrats you guys!

Annita said...

Congratulations! I've been thinking about you lately, wondering if he was here yet. I love the name and his little cheeks! Call me when you feel up to it!