Monday, September 22, 2008

While dad's away......






It is common knowledge that Stephanie doesn't like to be home alone all day when she knows Ben isn't coming home that night. Ben took his first overnight trip since Bennett was born. So, me and the boys decided to have some fun. First, we went to visit Kay on her last day before she had to go back to Virginia. Jennie, Parker and Dalton were there too. The boys played while Kay held the baby and we all chatted. Jennie's boys are very curious about babies and Dalton climbed up on the couch next to Kay to sneak a peek at Bennett. It was precious. Then, Kay was in charge of snacks and all the boys swarmed around her like pigeons in a park. It made a cute picture with her and all her grandsons (well, besides the one still making his way here!).



Next we went to visit Heidi. I cannot believe how good her baby is. Not that I am complaining, but after she fed him, Seth laid on the couch and contentedly looked around for 45 minutes without making a peep! Then, Heidi just wrapped him up and put him on the couch and he was out like a light. Bennett wasn't quite so easy! Noah, Adam and Wilson had fun pretending the pillows were mud and pulling each other out to safety. Now Wilson's new favorite phrase is, "I'm stuck in the mud." Gotta love those cousins. We probably overstayed our welcome at Heidi's house but it sure made Ben being gone a whole lot more fun!

2 comments:

Carina said...

You and your boys are always welcomed at our house too!

Heidi #1 said...

You could never overstay your welcome! We love Wil and Bennett and we love for you to come over. My kids also have spent the last week having me pull them out of whatever danger they have conjured up in their heads and when I pull them to safety they say, "thanks mom, you saved my wife." I then say, I didn't know you were married and we all laugh.