Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fair Fun 2008

Our cute family at the fair!
Wilson really liked the fair food.
Bennett enjoyed his cozy ride around the fair under a blanket.
Wilson loved going down the banana slide with his dad. They went twice in a row!


BUNNIES!




Wilson was stoked about seeing the giant alligator. He only got to see it once since it was $1.50 a pop!


We went to the fair on Thursday with Ben's dad. Wilson was so excited to go. We kept telling him about all the cool stuff we would see. He was especially excited about the 1,200 lb. alligator. We went to see the cows and the bunnies and then ate corn dogs and pizza. Ben remembered going on the big banana sack slide and wanted Wilson to try it with him. I was skeptical about whether Wilson would like it, but they ended up going twice! Wil was mesmerized by all the flashy lights and rides and noises. I would often catch him just staring off at something with his mouth wide open. We stopped to see the tigers, which were very active at that time of the evening. Wilson thought that was pretty cool. I got myself a funnel cake (mmm, funnel cake) and before I could even finish, Wilson kept saying, "Mom, let's go see the cow made out of butter." That's my boy. So, we walked over and saw the butter sculpture. It was the best one I've ever seen. It's amazing how simple pleasures can make you happy. Wilson was happy just to see an oversized reptile and slide down a hill on a sack with his dad. Ben, Mike and I were all happy just knowing that Wil was having a good time. It was enough just to see him smile to make it the best fair ever. I love the fair and can't wait to take the boys next year!

1 comment:

Carina said...

I wish that i could of had a funnel cake! Wil always looks so excited in all his picutres. Wait until you take him to Disney Land!