Friday, December 26, 2008

I thought I ordered the large snow storm?!

My favorite picture of the season!




It was an absolute blizzard at my parents house on Christmas. There had to be at least 18 inches of snow on the ground when it finally stopped. You couldn't ask for anything more! The older kids made a snow fort and when it collapsed they decided to start sledding down the hill. Wilson sat by the front door and stared while his frantic parents tried to find all the cold weather gear necessary to feel okay about letting him go out. His dad is not a good example, he was out shoveling walks in shorts and rain boots! We were afraid Wil would not like sledding down the hill, but once again he surprised us. He didn't want to come in at all! Even after all the sledding he still played outside with his cousins! His cheeks were nice and rosy when he came in, but man was it fun!

2 comments:

Marcie said...

No kidding. That was a great storm. I'm glad that we were in WJ and got to see some real snow. We got maybe 4 inches in Ephraim.
It's absolutely freezing. I'm grateful for a woodburning stove on days like this.
Here's to a few more big storms this season!

Jaren and Kari said...

I haven't checked your blog in longer than I thought--I've missed a lot of posts! I loved reading up on your cute boys!