Monday, May 11, 2009

Bragging on Ben



Wilson busted sneaking strawberries!
Even Bennett ate his all up!
The culinary master himself!
Happy Mother's Day to me!

So, I fully admit that I don't give Ben nearly enough credit for everything he does, but this last week he outdid himself, so this post is dedicated to him. The week before last was a tragic week at our house. Ben and I were both sick and broken. It took it's toll on me. Last Monday I spent 5 hours at the doctors trying to figure out what the heck was wrong with my face (feel free to insert face joke of your choice here). It was swollen and I was Quazimoto. Anyway, when I got home from the doctor's that night Ben was there with flowers and declared it Mother's Day week. Every day for that whole week he did something nice for me. The list is as follows:
Monday: Flowers
Tuesday: Scrubbed my kitchen floor on his hands and knees
Wednesday: Chocolate iced cake donut from Holiday (white trash I know, but oh so yummy)
Thursday: Apple Pie Caramel Apple from Rocky Mt. Chocolate Factory
Friday: Another cake donut (can't get enough of a good thing)
Saturday: Full service date including a chick flick of my choice and the Cheesecake Factory
Sunday: Crepe breakfast before church, he made the pistachio salad for dinner and gave me an overnight getaway to Park City with my sister!

Can I ever go back to normal life again? I'll tell you, it was hard today, but I am grateful for such a sweet husband who is constantly trying to make me happy!

4 comments:

Krista said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krista said...

Sorry about the deleted comment. I meant, What more is there to say but, WOW!

Marcie said...

He deserves a BRAG! He has always been thoughtful so I'm not surprised!

Lisa said...

Aww...what a sweetie.