Friday, May 1, 2009



I think Easter has to be my favorite holiday, really. It is so much fun. I love the spring weather and the egg hunts. I even love the candy the best of any holiday. This year we went up to Brigham City to Ian and Bonnie's to have an Easter egg hunt. It was really fun and there were so many easter eggs that everyone got plenty. Wilson loved to hunt for the eggs but then immediately wanted to open each one up and see what was in it. That significantly slowed him down, but I had to stop my competetive side from taking over and dragging him up the hill to show him all the other eggs he was missing! I just had to remember that he doesn't know the difference and it's just fun for him to look. It was fun to watch Wilson's reaction with Bennett. When the Easter bunny came he had to show Bennett everything in his basket and show him the Easter ropes. The egg hunt at my mom's house was equally rediculously over stocked with eggs, but no one is willing to downsize. We also did something new this year, an adult egg hunt. The prize for Ian's was $20 bucks while our prizes were bags of the good candy (cadbury eggs and coconut creme kisses, mmmm) and $5. That was a fun idea and I would love to make it a standing tradition. I got all of my boys matching shorts and I think that will have to become a tradition too. I just love Easter and all it stands for!

3 comments:

Hilary said...

I think Easter's one of my favorites too! It was so much fun this year, with both girls!

Marcie said...

I caght up with you! Your boys are growing up so fast! We need to get the kids together this summer and do something fun. Tom might be latched to my side. Poor kid has mommy withdrawls when I don't hold him.

Jaren and Kari said...

Your boys are so cute! I love the picture I took of them at T.P. in the stroller together--I'll post it soon. I love your background by the way!