Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Don't Let the Tradition Die!

This is Bennett's first parade!
Wil's scooter looked really cute, too bad he wouldn't ride it!






Our Committee

Our 4th of July Neighborhood Parade and Breakfast has been going for 6 years. It has been one of our favorite activities. Because of a ward split it looked like the tradition was going to die out this year. We had no ward or auxiliaries to help and no budget. But, we knew that everyone still wanted to have it. So, with only two weeks to plan it and make it work, we put it together. It wasn't as grand or fabulous as in other years, but we kept the tradition alive. Allow me to get sappy for a moment. I am so grateful to live in a neighborhood of people that care about each other and their country. I was amazed that every food assignment was filled and every delegation was taken without complaint. Our "committee" let me take their time and let me whine when things weren't going so well. I am glad it went so well. Now we know it is a tradition worth saving and we hope it will continue every year. Just don't make me be in charge any more.

3 comments:

April and Jared Fenn said...

What an awesome idea! We should do that out here. Your boys are adorable. :)

Heidi #1 said...

I had no idea you were such a party planner. What with all the baby showers and now this...when are you going to plan a party for me. My birthday is coming up...hint, hint!

Marcie said...

love the tradition and way to go for keeping it! those boys are so cute. i love seeing them grow up.