Friday, July 24, 2009

Running Downhill Sounds Fun......

Poo flavored clif bars, the breakfast of champions!
I can run 6 miles, but I can't figure out the timer on my camera!

We rock!


Heather and I ran the Deseret News 10k this morning and had an absolute blast. It started at 6:00 am which made the decision to be up until midnight the night before a little crazy. Neither one of us thought about breakfast so we ended up sharing a mini Clif bar that tasted a lot like...well, poop. There were a ton of people running and the course was mostly down hill, which sounds like a plus, until you get to mile 4 and your calves are screaming, "Enough with the down hill already." The course went around the same way as the parade so the last two miles were lined with people you thought were cheering for you, but all they really wanted was for you to hurry up so the parade could start! It was my fastest 10k ever at 51:14 and Heather wasn't far behind! It was a great race and must be repeated next year!

3 comments:

Carina said...

Look at both you skinny minnies! WTG! Never understood the hullabaloo of running but give props to those that do...

Marcie said...

I think I could run next door without loosing my breath. WOW! Inspiring. I need to take notes!

Heidi #1 said...

Good job Ladies! Too bad I am a loser and just can't keep up with the two of yuzz. It would've taken me at least 2 hours...make that 2 1/2. Nice job you animal!