Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What a Day!


Look at our patriotic little men!
A picture of my sweaty self after the race. It was super fun!

The babies fell asleep and dreamed of the day they could eat parade candy and ......
hug a giant armadillo?!

Bennett looking up to the sky
Crazy Neil Diamond fans! Just sing "Coming to America" already!





Bennett fell dead asleep on my lap even with all the noise! He was DONE!

After living in Taylorsville for 3 years now, we decided it was about time we participated in Taylorsville days. It started early on Saturday morning when I left to run the 5k with my sis, Heather. I told Ben he was in charge of getting the kids together and getting them all to the parade. I didn't really have high hopes, but Ben seriously impressed me. When I went to find my family after Heather and I finished a sub 30 race (you go, Hey) I was fully expecting to see all three of them still in their pajamas all huddled on one of Bennett's receiving blankets. Not only did Ben have the children dressed and ready, he brought a blanket, camping chairs and even a sippy cup of milk for Wil. What a man! He even coordinated with Lisa so she could sit by us! The parade was super fun and Wilson was quite the candy hound. He was out there chasing after all the candy with the older kids. No fear! He stocked piled it and shared it with Parker. The babies slept through all the fun, of course. That evening I was tortured by the loud and booming noise that is Neil Diamond before I was able to enjoy the fireworks. (Don't let Ben know I said that!) Ben and Preston took the boys to the bounce houses while Lisa and I helped save spots for fireworks. My parents and Heather's family came too. Despite the pain my ears went through, it was a seriously awesome day ending in awesome fireworks. I even got a funnel cake which is like my favorite fair food ever. Ben waited in line for half an hour to get it for me. Can you say true love? Ben makes fun of me because I keep saying I felt like part of the community, but I really did. We are blessed to be where we are and surrounded by good people and good fun!















4 comments:

Maren said...

Hooray for fireworks! And funnel cakes! And adept husbands! And parades with armadillos! And...I could get stabbed by any number of people for saying this, but hooray for getting through Neil Diamond without bleeding ears.
Good job on the 5k. That's as far as I'll agree to run. It actually sounds like fun now that I'm in a state of not being able to do much except waddle.
You have a happy 4th with your cute fam.

Michael 聖 Brady said...

Stephanie, do you remember me?

Marcie said...

What a fun day! I LOVE the 4th of July. I'll have to get less lazy and post our day soon.

Heidi #1 said...

Nice job on the 5K...sorry I ditched, our babysitter dogged out on us. I totally get the community thing. We try to patronize all the events that the city hosts at Bountiful park. For the most part they are a blast, and great that we can walk there and don't have to fight with parking. Get this, our ward gets to sign up to work in the snow cone booth every year for the 24th celebration and I think I may sign up this year. That is dedication to the community! Looks like we missed a lot of fun.