Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It's a three thing, you wouldn't understand

The birthday boy
I can't get over how cute he is!

Can you believe this is one of the first family pictures we've taken since Bennett was born? How lame are we?






I can't get over the fact that I have a three-year-old! Of course he acts like he's 7 so I shouldn't be so surprised. This year I let Wil pick the theme of his party. He told me all he wanted was party hats and chocolate cake. Easy enough. When I asked him what kind, he told me Elmo, which is really strange because we never watch Elmo, but whatever. At least it was easy to find the hats. I also felt compelled to make his cake this year because I've been seeing so many sisters and friends who have made phenomenal cakes for their children that I decided to give it a whirl. What I mean when I say give it a whirl is that I show up at Heidi's house, she has the cake and the frosting already made and she let's me do the nose and half of the fur before she kicks me off for doing to too slowly and tells me to do the cupcakes! (Love ya, Hides).
The party was supposed to be a water party with pools and water balloons and slip and slides, but the weather didn't cooperate, so I changed it to a puddle jumping party. I knew Wil would love that. But, when all the cousins came they disappeared into the backyard not to be seen until cake time. Apparently puddle jumping wasn't really necessary! Wilson had a great time and didn't even cry when we sang "Happy Birthday" to him! He got lots of good stuff and had the time of his life. Thanks everybody! Sunday was his actual birthday, but it was pretty quiet. When Ben got home from his meetings, he took Wil outside to jump in the puddles. Then when it got too cold we all went inside and had a cupcake carpet picnic and watched Mickey before bed. I can't wait to see all the shinanigans that we will see from Wil in the up coming year!

4 comments:

Heidi #1 said...

It wasn't exactly how she explained it. I never kicked her off cause she was going too slow. ACTUALLY, the fur was quite a daunting task and I didn't want Steph to get a bad taste in her mouth about cake decorating. So I let her decide if she wanted to work on the cupcakes or keep doing the fur. She said I don't care so I told her to try something new. Steph, I just want you to want to do it again for Bennett. It was fun!

Marcie said...

Where's the cake???? Lilly had a Elmo for her 2-year party and it was fun. The black nose and mouth stained everyone's lips and tongue. We were hoping granda would go for that peice, but he didn't.
Happy Birthday big boy! 3 years old is quite the feat! Can't wait to see what this year brings.

superhey said...

Great party! Gee...3 is a lot of fun. Wil is such a smarty pants already he will be correcting you and bossing Bennett before you know it. Wait till this phrase comes out, "Well, actually..."

Hilary said...

I can't get over how much Wil looks like a little boy now, and not a toddler. Sad, isn't it!? :-)